Never Read the Reviews
Despite anticipating Bridgerton for months, Jennifer still hasn’t finished watching it because of a controversial scene that carried over from Julia Quinn’s historical romance novel The Duke and I. Are Simon and Daphne’s best moments enough to overcome her hesitations about the wildly popular Netflix series?
Trigger warning: This episode contains discussion of sexual assault and an abusive parent.
Download this episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can also…
Listen to our Bridgerton conversation here:
Continue reading the latest on dit:
- Vanity Fair on That scene: How Bridgerton Handles the Book’s Wildly Controversial Scene
- Pop Sugar’s take: I Wanted to Root for Bridgerton’s Daphne and Simon, but Their Romance Is Pretty Toxic
- Revisiting Simon’s impassioned speech to Queen Charlotte about his feelings for Daphne
- Fact-checking Heather & Jenn’s (tenuous) grasp on history:
- Recommended Daphne/Simon fan vids: