Slow-burn romances (where two characters take their sweet time getting together) are catnip to shippers who enjoy a buildup of anticipation before collecting their endgame. Jennifer and Heather discuss their love for the trope and share their top 10 favorite slow-burn ships, including Nancy/Ace from Nancy Drew, Tim/Lucy (aka Chenford) from The Rookie, Janine/Gregory from Abbott Elementary, Pacey/Joey from Dawson’s Creek, and many more.
Download this episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can also…
Listen to Season 4, Episode 1:
Show notes & couples discussed in the episode (by timestamp)
- 15:04 – Couple #1: Janine and Gregory, Abbott Elementary
- 17:40 – Janine/Gregory sexy dance gifsets
- 20:36 – Couple #2: Mindy and Danny, The Mindy Project
- 25:34 – Couple #3: Nancy and Ace, Nancy Drew
- 32:57 – Couple #4: Lucy and Tim (aka Chenford), The Rookie
- 38:15 – Couple #5: Anna and Shtolman, Anna the Detective
- 39:14 – Clarification! Detective Anna season 1 is available on both YouTube and Amazon Prime for free with ads. Season 2 is available for free with ads on YouTube or for purchase on Amazon Prime.
- 42:20 – Couple #6: Mulder and Scully, The X-Files
- 44:39 – Couple #7: Phyrne and Jack, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries
- 51:42 – Couple #8: Pacey and Joey, Dawson’s Creek
- 58:00 – Couple #9: Harry and Sally, When Harry Met Sally
- 01:02:15 – Couple #10: Josh and Donna, The West Wing
- 01:08:22 – Honorable Mentions #1: Sydney & Vaughn, Alias
- Honorable Mention #2: JJ & Kiara, Outer Banks
- Honorable Mention #3: Kara & Lee, Battlestar Galactica
- Honorable Mention #4: Jude & Cardan, The Cruel Prince series by Holly Black
- Honorable Mention #5: Sal & Kulti, Kulti by Mariana Zapata
- We would love to hear from you! Drop us a line at our email address (email@example.com) or on Twitter (at @ShipTeasePod) about your favorite slow-burn couples and we may read your note in a future episode of the podcast.
Enjoy the podcast? Please consider subscribing and/or leaving us a review, which helps more people discover the show!